1-year Ongoing Free TON Testnets Support Contest
In order to support the testing of smart contracts without paying gas on the mainnet, and/or in order to test new blockchain features and functionalities, several test networks are required. These testnets should have clear rules for validators to join. There could be several networks set up for different purposes. Support for such networks will require long term commitment in order to preserve testnet stability.
Submission period – 1 September 2021 – 10 September 2021 23.59 UTC
Voting period: 7 days
- Provide a list of initial members of their network (testnet members), their public keys and multisignature wallet with those keys as custodians. Members/custodians of each testnet can change from time to time via on-chain voting.
- Clearly describe the purpose of the testnet.
- Provide a reference to a Telegram group where all issues related to testnet support could be openly discussed.
- Clear guide for new validators to join the network.
Evaluation criteria and winning conditions
Jurors should vote based on the experience of initial members, relevance of declared testnet goals to Free TON development goals, and transparency of the network’s guide.
- 1st place: 30k TON
- 2nd place: 30k TON
- 3rd place: 30k TON
Rewards can be used as discretionary funds by an on-chain vote by testnet members.
By the end of each month for the period of 1 year, testnet members should prepare and submit reports with the following data:
- Testnet uptime in % of time the network was available including DApp server availability (% SLA).
- Usage report: number of smart contracts that were deployed, number of transactions, features tested, etc.
- How many test tokens were obtained by validators as rewards deducted by slashed amounts (only rewards received in accordance with parameters equal to those in the mainnet should be counted).
Based on each report TONs will be transferred to the network’s multisignature wallet in amounts calculated as follows: (amount of validators rewards (excluding slashing) ) * (% SLA ^2) / 100
Members of the various networks should pay out all received TONs to testnet validators in proportion to their rewards for each given period.
Over the course of 2 months, members of the DevEx subgov will review and determine whether or not there has been any real usage of the testnets based on each network’s members and A&S SG reports. They will be able to vote to stop further support of any testnet program that is found to be unsatisfactory.
- Jurors whose team(s) intend to participate in this contest by providing submissions lose their right to vote in this contest.
- A jury from other subgovernance groups can be added to this contest to provide additional technical expertise.
- Each juror should vote by rating each submission on a scale of 1 to 10.
- Jurors should provide feedback on each submission.
- The jury should reject duplicate, subpar, incomplete, or inappropriate submissions.
An amount equal to 5% of all total tokens actually awarded will be distributed equally between all jurors who vote and provide feedback. Both voting and feedback are mandatory in order to collect the reward.
An amount equal to 1 % of the prize fund will be allocated to members who participated in organizing the contest, to be distributed equally among them:
- Jury voting should follow DevEx global proposal requirements
- Participants must upload their work correctly so it can be viewed and accessible in the formats described. If work is inaccessible or does not fit the criteria described, the submission may be rejected by jurors.
- Participants must submit their work before the closing of the filing of applications. If not submitted on time, the submission will not count.