Free TON

#12 Wiki Renewal Contest Proposal [17.12 – 19.12.2020]

Short description:

Performing various works for the Free TON Wiki and its development, including (but not limited to): content creation and article writing, moderation, review editing, user support services, news-making, improvement service, technical support, administrative support.

Type:

Renewal Contest

Contest entry period:

17.12.2020 00:00 UTC – 19.12.2020 23:59 UTC

Motivation:

Creation of additional value for the Free TON Wiki and development of this encyclopedia to better meet the needs of the Free TON community and help a wide range of users and developers.

Evaluation criteria and winning conditions:

The contestant must write in the submission the completed work for the Free TON Wiki.

The list of work performed should be listed in the table made according to the template below (example):

The following types of work are acceptable:

• Copywriting
  • Translation
  • Rewriting
  • Chief editing
  • Editing
  • Review editing
  • Team support
  • News making
  • Improvement service
  • Tech support
  • Administrative support

You can write a different type of work, but the jury will consider such a submission especially carefully, and may reject this submission. Use one of the items on this list unless you have a compelling reason to do otherwise.

Voting:

• Each of the Free TON Wiki jurors can vote for your submission.

• Each juror will vote on a scale of 1-10 for each submission, or may reject it if it does not meet the contest requirements, or may abstain from voting if it believes that it does not have the right to judge.

• The jurors must provide feedback on your submission.

• Duplicate, incomplete, spam or inappropriate submission will be rejected.

Reward:

One contestant can claim the amount of the reward declared in your submission, but not more than 5,000 Tons. If this amount is exceeded, the jurors will reject this submission.

The actual reward will range from 0 to your claimed Tons, inclusive, depending on the quality of your work and the final jury score. Rejected submission will not receive any reward.

Jury rewards:

An amount equal to 5% of the amount of all actually rewarded tokens will be evenly distributed among all jury members who voted and provided feedback. Both voting and feedback are required to receive the award.

Procedural reminders and conditions:

• One contestant can submit only one submission. It is forbidden to submit work from other accounts (including other contestants) in order to circumvent the restrictions of the contest. If this is found, then all submissions in violation of the rules will be rejected.

• Contestants must correctly upload their submission to the contest (in PDF format) in order for the jury to view it. If the submission is inaccessible or does not fit the criteria described, the submission will be rejected.

• Contestants must submit their work before the closing of the filing of submissions. If not submitted on time, the submission will not count.

• All submissions must contain the contestant’s online ID, preferably a Telegram ID by which jurors can verify that the submission belongs to the individual who submitted it. If not, the submission will be rejected.

• The content published in the forum and in the provided PDF file should not differ, except for formatting, otherwise, the submission will be rejected.

• If your submission has links to the work performed, the content of those links must have the contestant’s online ID, preferably a Telegram ID so jurors can match it and verify who the work belongs to. If not, the submission will be rejected.

Disclaimer:

Anyone can participate, but Free TON does not distribute Tons to US citizens or entities.

8 Likes

Again I see interest conflict in the jurors rewarding scheme. Jurors are not motivated to reject any work, since this will lower the total amount and as a result the jurors reward.

1 Like

No, this does NOT reduce the total amount. The judge can refuse and then he will lose only his own share of the reward, which will be distributed among the other judges who voted.

1 Like

And the judges are interested in herd voting for and not against
:slight_smile:

In theory, they could even negotiate such behavior behind the scenes.
For my taste the reward must not be in any relation with that, how you vote. Except may be “abstain”.

I see that you don’t understand the voting reward mechanism. The reward of the judges does NOT depend on the vote. Your fears are unfounded, because there is nothing of what you write here.

Well. That is the direct and only on possible conclusion from that text:

The actual reward will range from 0 to your claimed Tons, inclusive , depending on the quality of your work and the final jury score. Rejected submission will not receive any reward.

Each reward depends on score -> sum of all rewards depends on score -> jurors reward (5%) depends on score.

1 Like

No. This paragraph refers to the rewards of the participants in the contest and does not apply to the rewards of the jury. Jury rewards in another section.

1 Like

Ok. I’ll try it in another way. Can you predict the final budget of your contest?

I can’t see the future and I don’t make predictions.
As for the data from past contests, it is published here.

You agree if I say that the higher the final average score, the higher the final budget?

And a couple more questions:

• is it correct that the jury’s reward is formed on the basis of the final budget according to the formula: juror reward = (total budget * 0,05) / number of jurors?
  • if above is correct, is it correct that juror gets more reward if he / she and all his / her colleagues vote with 10?
  • is it a contest at all, when all participants take the first place?

What a fantastic solidarity of judges that I have not seen in any other contest:

1 Like

Please look for the #8 Wiki Renewal Contest Proposal voting result here.

The only reason why judges used to give 10 points to early work is that the quality of the materials in the previous contests was high.

If you think the judges are motivated to give high marks to earn more, how do you explain the wide range of marks in the last contest?

That is not about what I think and I also do not criticize your wiki work in general. Somebody must do that work and that is important. But your rewarding scheme forces the jurors to cheat. If they cheat or not depends on the quality of that concrete juror. Do not understand me in a wrong way - I’m not gonna fight with you. But rethink your rewarding system. The final budget and jurors rewards must be known in front of the contest.

2 Likes

Okay, now I saw a constructive proposal from you, thanks. :+1:
We’ll think about changing the mechanism for rewarding the jury in the next contest.

3 Likes

Thanks for the adult approach. FreeTON needs it.

3 Likes

I think new jury members are also participating in voting this time.

Submission for Wiki Renewal Contest

Statement

I confirm that I am a registered and approved user on the Free TON Wiki.

I confirm that my work has been done in good faith and meets the needs of the Free TON community.

I confirm that all the amounts and rewards presented below are calculated correctly. I confirm that I have been as objective as possible in evaluating my work and effort. I confirm that my assessment of my work has not been overstated.

I confirm that this submission meets the other mandatory requirements of the current Wiki Renewal Contest to which it is being submitted.

I understand that the above requirements are mandatory and if they are not met, the jury has the right to reject my work.

Contact data

Wiki username: Mr.r

Telegram username: @rollie

Submission data

Here I am attaching a screenshot with a table containing a report of my work:

7 Likes

Statement

I confirm that my work has been done in good faith and meets the needs of the Free TON community.

I confirm that all the amounts and rewards presented below are calculated correctly. I confirm that I have been as objective as possible in evaluating my work and effort. I confirm that my assessment of my work has not been overstated.

I confirm that this submission meets the other mandatory requirements of the current Wiki Renewal Contest to which it is being submitted.

I understand that the above requirements are mandatory and if they are not met, the jury has the right to reject my work.

Contact data

Wiki username: Richi

Telegram username: @VGRichii

Submission data

5 Likes

Wiki Submission for Renewal Contest

Statement

Contact data

Wiki username: sibirli

Telegram username: @sibirli

Submission data

5 Likes

Statement

Contact data

Wiki username: bitjudge

Telegram username: @everjob

Submission data

4 Likes