A name suggestion for Re-Branding of Free TON

потом продадут лабсам за пару сотен тысяч кристаллов, норма же

Nice one, but I saw some other options in the internet, they were also nice. Check them out as well.

1 Like

Wow! I’ve been so upset about the renaming but now I see an interesting and worthy variant! I support this name! Thank you, Nima :pray:

3 Likes

Ни на что не намекаю но DeOS звучит приятнее (на мой взгляд). Да и домены свободны.
I’m not hinting at anything, but DeOS sounds nicer (in my opinion). And the domains are free.

6 Likes

super cool!
I like this Name!!!

2 Likes

EgosunDeus не плохо звучит, а раз уж залезли в религиозную тематику, то вот вам еще вариант здравый Ark - ковчег, по моему не плохо

1 Like

I like DIOS, but the domains is already registered

2 Likes

I saw @emmorozov 's post on the Academy chat about reserving these domains!

dios.pro & dios.team sound cool!

2 Likes

who should own a domains in the decentralized community?

I can )

interesting sounds good but what is the value proposition

2 Likes

Dislike. Ambiguous, very poor SEO’a ility. “Dios network” doesn’t sound right.

I actually like this name. Decentralized Internet Operating System is an alternative explanation of the DIOS acronym.

6 Likes

Yes, the community members took care of it right away, as it turned out).

1 Like

Nice work, This is a great name and it demonstrates a great formula. Instead of a single word, we can use multiple words that form a cool acronym. In fact, this is exactly what TON (The Open Network) was.

One potential drawback of DIOS is that this means “God” (and in Spanish no translation is even necessary). This could be viewed by some people as offensive, “over the top,” and/or controversial, but it could also be viewed as powerful. Perhaps controversy will be a plus, but the implications of this meaning should be carefully evaluated by the community.

I challenge the community to use this formula to see if you can come up with something even better. Maybe a quick turn-around contest would be appropriate. Or, we can just propose/approve a “bounty contest” that whoever proposes the name that is untimely chosen by decentralized governance wins 20k TON.

As someone noted above, positioning is paramount. A name that powerfully conveys the positioning (what makes our blockchain different/better, the value proposition, and the brand “identity”) is critical. Effective positioning focuses on a singular aspect (at the expense of the other aspects) that sets the brand/product above the competition. This may seem counter-intuitive, but trying to be all things to all people is not a recipe for success. Without focus, your positioning becomes diluted and the message does not “embed” in the audience’s mind.

I’m not sure there is a clear consensus on THE positioning, but the potential positions are:

1. Decentralized / Decentralized Community
  2. Speed - Throughput (TPS) and/or transaction speed to finality
  3. Scalability - TPS, sharding, growth capable
  4. Free Software Movement

My understanding is that time is of the essence, so we should move fast on this.

3 Likes

Good name, i support
Хорошее имя, поддерживаю

2 Likes

“DIOS blockchain” no problem with SEO

2 Likes

It will ultimately come down to a vote for DIOS versus DeOS. It is very difficult for me to make a choice between these two abbreviations.

1 Like

DIOS like BIOS it is cool
The de- prefix is used to undo smth.

Аre there any such associations for DeFI acronym for native speakers?

1 Like

I don’t think some people might view DIOS as offensive. There is a winery in Spain called “Bodegas Dios Baco” and they have good reviews on Google.

There are many Gods in the world, and one of them DIOS - is a crypto God, it is fun )))

4 Likes

Very attractive!
Fully support this offer!

2 Likes