VOLUNTEER AND MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
This program seeks to create a vibrant Free TON Africa community through volunteers and mentors engagement with the general African population in particular developers and blockchain career prospects.This program is intended to create interactive topics on blockchain and hold scheduled discussions by inviting various groups to the webinars.
Blockchain adoption has been on a spiral rise all over the continent, with various countries’ inflation rates becoming a major propeller to the significant inflocks. This rise in the number of people seeking to make use of cryptocurrencies either as a store of value or as a channel of payments has necessitated the need to properly educate new entrants about the enormous advantages and uses of blockchain technology. Therefore, the Free TON Africa volunteer/mentorship program is intended to act as a bridge for both basic learning and advanced learning. Over-time the program will engage more technical or dev tutors to further expand the technical base of the Free TON Africa community.
As a program just starting up, tutors will be identified offline and engaged in an initial phase of three months. Going forward, educators/mentors that intend to engage in the program will be selected on-chain and the winners will anchor the program at a designated time with a pre-set KPIs.
This proposal is aimed at garnering the community’s blessings and boosting active participation.
5th February, 2021 - Renewable
Various blockchain entities have launched programs to first capture the cream of the African developers and engage them in the provision of solutions to the continent. The scramble for the continent resources is in high gear and as Free TON we need to carve out a large part of this niche market and expand our territory.
Similarly, in line with the ABI hackathon continuation, this proposal aims to further incubate and mentor candidates within the said hackathon. Various mentors are already engaged with the junior developers within the hackathon activity and a forum shall be necessary to cordinate and maintain these vital skillsets within the Free TON network
Our main aim is to explain the Free TON decentralized model and the blockchain role in the daily lives of new entrants to this field. As our research shows through our daily interactions with the community, a platform to introduce the blockchain topics in an organized fashion is necessary, hence the creation of this initiative.
PROCEDURE TO BE A VOLUNTEER / MENTOR:
- An active member of the Free Ton blockchain or any other chain can participate.
- Be passionate in the blockchain matters and training newbies.
- Have a mastery in a specific field of a blockchain career/s.
- External volunteers should have a structured platform where they are already educating people about blockchain and blockchain related topics.
- External volunteers must have not less than 150 active members on their platforms.
- External volunteers must also have a good understanding of decentralized platforms.
In summary, existing member of the FreeTON community can volunteer to come and mentor the participants. In this regard the member must possess a good knowledge of the Free TON network and other chains too.
Moving forward the program seeks to get more technical by engaging developers hence developers are fully welcomed as volunteers.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES FOR MENTORS/ VOLUNTEERS ONBOARDING:
Bearing in mind that Free TON is in its early stages, getting a high number of mass adoption is highly paramount to further advance the community beyond, and also expand the value capacities of the entrants to the Free TON network.
Offer a platform for mentors who already have a following and intend to partner with Free TON.
- Creation of an intellectual platform within the Free TON Africa forum. The main aim is to form a discussion and learning forum.
- Create a hub for ideas from the African community and deploy the same to the Free TON network.
MODE OF ENGAGEMENTS:
- Bi-weekly virtual calls.
- Design, editing and publishing of video sessions.
- Identifying specialist in various fields within the blockchain network and tailoring curricula and topics of engagement.
- Planning and scheduling virtual attendees.
- Creation of an ihub to exchange ideas beneficial to the community.
- Q&A Segment: To consciously engage the participants during the call. There will be a live question and answer segment where the participant who answers a question first and correctly will be rewarded in TON.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATOR (KPI-1)
- Run on bi-weekly basis.
- Engage at least 200 persons weekly
- Have engaged at least 1200 people by the end of the first month.
- Publicity (covers various outlets including Radio jingles)
- Videos Animation & other forms of education (including Blockchain talkshows on radio)
- Personnel mobilization and extrinsic reward for Q&A segment.|
DURATION: 30 days
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATOR (KPI-2)
- Repeat KPI-1
Additional set of Mentors/ Volunteers and trainees.
The initial members shall act as jury members for this project after discussion in the forums and as such shall act in that capacity until the additional jury members are added.