Belarus suffers from a weak currency, high levels of corruption and bribery, and an unstable government structure which is currently verging on collapse due to mass protests all over the country calling for the stepdown of its President, who has been described as “Europe’s last dictator.” The Opposition in Belarus has now reached a critical juncture. They made noise, and their challenge now is to create a functioning shadow government, a task which until today remains unadorned.
To design a comprehensive structure by which an opposition shadow government and economy can operate in Belarus using Free TON.
09.09.2020 - 10.10.2020 at 20:00 GMT
Belarus has been known to have a large crypto community, and a large portion of its population is no stranger to the blockchain. The Free TON platform is uniquely predisposed to the undertaking proposed herein due to its capacity for dealing with large amounts of data; the flexibility of its monetary distribution; and, of course, its ideology of governance using direct meritocratic democracy.
- Must outline both political and economic proposals
- Must be practical and creative
- Due to the gravity of this endeavour, any technically possible application are accepted, even if they deviate from the official proposals for Free TON governance, although it is recommended not to stray too far off them
To create a structure for an opposition shadow government and economy that can:
- Be applicable immediately
- Is sensitive to nuance
- Encourage mass participation
- Work towards a transition into an economy in which the blockchain is a significant influence
- Include and expand on all the current operational structures in Free TON
- Establish a secure system
- Operate flexibly and efficiently
- Be comprehensive and take into account many variables
- Reuse Free TON Governance 2.0 set of smart contracts and interfaces as much as possible
- Most effective proposal
- Revolutionary potential
- Inspires decentralized involvement
- Long term thinking
- Each of the initial Free TON voting members can nominate one (1) person to the jury.
- Initial members whose team(s) intend to participate in the contest lose their right to nominate a jury member.
- Jury selection and members will be public.
- Each jury member will vote “Yes” or “No”.
- Jury members will receive 5% of total price
Contest winners will receive
1st Prize…30,000 Tons
2nd Prize…25,000 Tons
3rd Prize…20,000 Tons
4th Place…15,000 Tons
5th Place…10,000 Tons
Places 5-10…5,000 Tons each
Places 10-20…1,000 Tons each
Note on the award
Seeing as this is something which could be of magnitude to the future of both Free TON and Belarus, the generous reward is put in place to encourage as much participation as possible.
Work towards building a hegemony for a revolutionary blockchain.
Anyone can participate, but Free TON cannot distribute Tons to US citizens or US entities.ons to US citizens or US entities.