Free TON

Community Voice SubGov - Initial Budget and Tasks Proposal

Free TON - Community Voice Sub-Governance

Description

The function of the Community Voice SubGov is the coordination of “external messages” from the Free TON community to present a coherent “community voice.” This SubGov initially started as a “PR” SubGov, but a consensus on the appropriate structure, roles, and responsibilities of this organization has not yet been reached. This purpose of this proposal is to establish an initial budget and jury to allow time-critical, near-term tasks to be completed.

Proposed gov URL: https://voice.gov.freeton.org
Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CommVoice_FreeTON

Initial Goals

• Develop and document a community consensus on the positioning of the Free TON movement, community and project
  • Develop and document a community consensus on the core values and goals of the Free TON community
  • Develop and document an optimized SubGov(s) organization structure for coordinating with other marketing-related SubGovs and providing effective marketing, PR, and external communications for the Free TON project and community.
  • Organize PR campaign contest for upcoming “Validator Decentralization” milestone
  • Jury selection contest for Validator Decentralization PR campaign contest

Potential Future Goals

• Increase awareness of Free TON project, world-wide for:
    * Developers
    * Entrepreneurs / Collaborators
    * Cryptocurrency Enthusiasts
    * End Users / Adopters
  • Development of media content for all channels (global and country-specific)
  • Developing and collaborating with a network of PR agencies
  • Develop network of external media collaborators (bloggers, publications, influencers)
  • Organize PR contests, events and activities

Proposed Incentive Structure and initial Budget

50 - 300 TON/hour depending on level of experience and responsibility (SubGov SMV vote required for each approved task and rate): 280 Hrs @ 300 TON/Hr (maximum) = 84 000 TON. Validator Decentralization milestone PR campaign contest = 255 000 + 25 500 (5% jury)

Total initial request = 364 500 TON

Initial jury: Sharif Sakr @SharifSakr, Itakura itakura1, Fat Tony @totkaplan, Fedor Skuratov @teodorix Michael Kabanov @michael_kabanov, Nikita @Riemann, Jo @powderedtoastwmn, PvP @prigolovko, Ron Millow @Ronmillow, Ivan Kotelnikov @isheldon, Alexander Filatov @Alexander_Filatov, Roman_D (@)Roman_D

Free TON Wallet address: 0x:xxxx

Disclaimer: Anyone can participate, but Free TON does not distribute TONs to US citizens or entities.

Addendum: Because this proposal is for a temporary/experimental/learning SubGov, I recommend that this SubGov incorporates the philosophy and procedures recommended by @Teodorix here: Community SG Proposal His suggestions address many issues with our current SubGov systems and will help to recruit more professional talent to our community.

The current proposed budget should cover ~3 Months (with no additional contests), so this SubGov is a perfect opportunity to test these ideas. Our Subgov will report on our experience and lessons learned after ~3 months and incorporate any new ideas into a more comprehensive, longer-term SubGov that will serve the Marketing, PR, Communications functions for Free TON. Other SubGovs can then adopt these ideas if they prove to be effective. If you are a marketing/PR/media professional and reading this now (and want to join this SubGov), please see the link above and help us develop this process.

9 Likes

Are you planning to create your own SubGov?
This will be the third one ?
How many SubGov are there already?

3 Likes

A lot of Sub-Governance are already on the layout. Have they previous ones been able to meet their goals? I’m curious to know why everyone is coming up with the idea of new Sub-Governances. Why not merge this with already created ones?

1 Like

The idea is quit the opposite - when subgovernance is created, it means that there is a group of people that have an idea and a plan. So, different groups (subgovernaces) - different ideas. But one goal - mass adoption.

4 Likes

Truth that, if I understand the description of the proposed Sub-Governance correctly, “It is represents the community of Free TON” I don’t think it has much difference from the already drafted Influencer Sub-Governance. As time goes on Development will still be worked on this.

1 Like

Guys, I don’t want to put a spoke in your wheels. I see eminent people among the participants of this subgovernance. But you know, there is a tendency to create subgovernance without specific goals.
Namely: here we are, here is the name of the subgovernance, here we need a budget.
I understand that you need a budget for good goals. But describe to the community in more detail what it is for, how it will be used.
I’m sure you can sell your idea to the community, but more information is needed. Because I didn’t understand anything. And the jury members who will consider your subgovernance may also have these questions. you must be prepared for them in advance. Good luck in your endeavors)

2 Likes

Thanks, @daernhii @Josefjix @mirglonassa

I kindly ask you: please, imagine that “ambassadors” “influencers” “global community” or whatever topics were never raised on this forum. They were hot and important, of course. But this kind of “context” will not help you understand what work lies behind our proposal.

Here are the details of what goals are:

• Prepare statements and position for nearest media activities (these are not just “articles”)
  • There are ideas behind every “article”, and these ideas collected throughout all workgroups, sub-governances, discussion threads, and 6th-month-long story which the community experienced
  • The first task of Community Voice - finalize and cast the message about the upcoming “Decentralization Milestone”.

Outcome of the “Magister Ludi” Contest.

• :gem: 300 000 000 are going to be distributed among the most capable and agile DevOps teams running the validator nodes to support the Free TON Project.
  • The number of validators will increase 50 -> 400. Each onboarded validator will receive his reward in form of a “locked+vested stake”.
  • Individuals, teams, and entities behind these validators are verified to be independent parties.
  • Each validator should run TON Validator Node 1 year after the event to receive each of 12 parts of the “vested stake”.

These are fundamental reasons why Network Value behind the Free TON project will increase after Validator Decentralization.
This event is by no means the most important after Mainnet Launch and should be covered properly.

5 Likes

We should make the first contest after the Jury contest about gathering a data base of medias, influencers etc by language/territory. To have a pipeline to spread the voice around the globe.

3 Likes

I support this proposal. We can talk endlessly. Let’s start moving!

1 Like