Free TON - Community Voice Sub-Governance
The function of the Community Voice SubGov is the coordination of “external messages” from the Free TON community to present a coherent “community voice.” This SubGov initially started as a “PR” SubGov, but a consensus on the appropriate structure, roles, and responsibilities of this organization has not yet been reached. This purpose of this proposal is to establish an initial budget and jury to allow time-critical, near-term tasks to be completed.
- Develop and document a community consensus on the positioning of the Free TON movement, community and project
- Develop and document a community consensus on the core values and goals of the Free TON community
- Develop and document an optimized SubGov(s) organization structure for coordinating with other marketing-related SubGovs and providing effective marketing, PR, and external communications for the Free TON project and community.
- Organize PR campaign contest for upcoming “Validator Decentralization” milestone
- Jury selection contest for Validator Decentralization PR campaign contest
Potential Future Goals
- Increase awareness of Free TON project, world-wide for:
* Entrepreneurs / Collaborators
* Cryptocurrency Enthusiasts
* End Users / Adopters
- Development of media content for all channels (global and country-specific)
- Developing and collaborating with a network of PR agencies
- Develop network of external media collaborators (bloggers, publications, influencers)
- Organize PR contests, events and activities
Proposed Incentive Structure and initial Budget
50 - 300 TON/hour depending on level of experience and responsibility (SubGov SMV vote required for each approved task and rate): 280 Hrs @ 300 TON/Hr (maximum) = 84 000 TON. Validator Decentralization milestone PR campaign contest = 255 000 + 25 500 (5% jury)
Total initial request = 364 500 TON
Initial jury: Sharif Sakr @SharifSakr, Itakura itakura1, Fat Tony @totkaplan, Fedor Skuratov @teodorix Michael Kabanov @michael_kabanov, Nikita @Riemann, Jo @powderedtoastwmn, PvP @prigolovko, Ron Millow @Ronmillow, Ivan Kotelnikov @isheldon, Alexander Filatov @Alexander_Filatov, Roman_D (@)Roman_D
Free TON Wallet address: 0x:xxxx
Disclaimer: Anyone can participate, but Free TON does not distribute TONs to US citizens or entities.
Addendum: Because this proposal is for a temporary/experimental/learning SubGov, I recommend that this SubGov incorporates the philosophy and procedures recommended by @Teodorix here: Community SG Proposal His suggestions address many issues with our current SubGov systems and will help to recruit more professional talent to our community.
The current proposed budget should cover ~3 Months (with no additional contests), so this SubGov is a perfect opportunity to test these ideas. Our Subgov will report on our experience and lessons learned after ~3 months and incorporate any new ideas into a more comprehensive, longer-term SubGov that will serve the Marketing, PR, Communications functions for Free TON. Other SubGovs can then adopt these ideas if they prove to be effective. If you are a marketing/PR/media professional and reading this now (and want to join this SubGov), please see the link above and help us develop this process.