Free TON

Contest proposal: Creating a Random Numbers Generator for Free TON environment

Contest proposal: Creating a RNG (Random Numbers Generator) in Free TON environment

Short description:

The goal of developing an RNG in Free TON environment is to create a reliable source of entropy for smart contracts using external data. The developed options should be based on algorithms for obtaining a random variable that has no explicit dependencies between numbers and a predictable initial value of the generator, as well as the speed of generation and the maximum possible frequency of the generated sequence of random numbers.

The RNG implementation must accurately take into account the principles of smart contracts in Free TON environment.

Type:

Contest

Contest entry period:

October 5th, 12:00 PM UTC – November 5th, 24:00 PM UTC.

Evaluation criteria and conditions for winning:

The presented RNG development in the Free TON environment must be authentic and meet the requirements and capabilities of smart contracts set out in the published documentation

To evaluate the presented RNG for the Free TON environment, you must attach decorated materials containing:

1. A short note on the developed RNG with a description of its properties, characteristics, distinctive features and other indicators;
  2. Register of criteria used to assess the quality of RNG;
  3. Methods for evaluating RNG;
  4. Results of RNG verification tests.
  5. Oriented three-level graphs of the influence of the results of checks of the bit sequence on the overall level of its quality, with an imposed system of weights and / or preferences of some criteria over others in terms of their influence.
  6. Results of testing the null hypothesis (H0) formed by diagrams of distribution of random variables;
  7. Description of methods and / or measures providing the ability to minimize the likelihood of an error of the second kind;
  8. List and description of additionally used sources of entropy in the development of RNG;
  9. List and description of the applied software layouts used by the developer to check the RNG.

The completeness and integrity of the information presented, the creativity of the solutions applied, the accuracy and reliability of the attached results will have a significant impact when deciding on the winners for the submitted RNG projects.

Vot ing :

Each of the initial Free TON jurors can vote on your submission. The jury, whose team/s intend to participate in this competition, by submitting their own materials, will lose the right to vote in this competition.

• Each juror will vote by rating each submission on a scale of 0 to 10 or can choose to reject it if it does not meet requirements, or they can choose to abstain from voting if they feel unqualified to judge.

Jurors will provide feedback on your work.

Duplicates, sub-par, incomplete or inappropriate materials will be rejected.

Reward:

1st place .…………………………………. 175 000 tons

Second place ………………………………. 135 000 tons

Third place ……………………….………. 100 000 ton

Jury Awards:

An amount equal to 5% of the sum total of all total tokens actually awarded will be distributed equally between all jurors who vote and provide feedback. Both voting and feedback are mandatory in order to collect the reward.

Procedural requirements:

Participants must upload their work correctly so that it can be viewed and used. If the work is not available or does not meet the described criteria, the work may be rejected by the jury.

Participants must submit their work before the closing date for applications. If not served on time, the service will not count.

Each entry must have an identifiable contact that can be matched with your RNG description. If you have not provided a forum description for discussion, then your application should contain links to your online image, for example, Telegram ID (preferred) or other direct contact information that can confirm that the submitted work is yours.

In the absence of confirmation by the applicant of authorship of the submitted RNG, the tender application is rejected.

Disclaimer:

Anyone can participate, but Free TON cannot distribute Tons to US citizens or US entities.

4 Likes

Hello. Please explain the goals and objectives of the competition and what questions it covers. It should be clear to everyone. Nhanks.

Hello All! I am the one behind the proposal for RNG.

Regarding your question above, the application is quite explanatory as to what needs to be done for those that understand the subject.

Regarding why it is necessary: it’s a new application for Free TON to promote creation on of various products and services by the Community for which RNG is necessary.

For more information on its potential use and applications, go to the link below

2 Likes

I also found it pretty self-explanatory.

Definatly a solution that is very much needed for progression of Free TON

Very good initiative though, but one question doesn’t let me sleep: is it possible to support an RNG at the level of the blockchain itself?

@Mitja, what do you think?

1 Like

there are several groups that claim to have done it successfully, but have not tested either:

May be I’m missing something but does the RNG is based on the data from blockchain? Like hashes + salt (if each users needs its own results). Please, give more details on this aspect as it’s pretty important. Thanks!

1 Like

The methods and approaches for creating RNG are arbitrary. The data for obtaining entropy can be obtained from the blockchain. One of the options.
Using salt is a creative process. Here the difficulty, in my opinion, will be in the most “correct” salt generator for the blockchain and, accordingly, in the possible use of rainbow tables.

Yep, my point is that we do have random.org and there is no need for ‘yet another one’. But if the data for RNG is generated and gathered from blockchain - that might be pretty cool.

May be, some sort of API should be also added to the contest proposal - for RNG to be easiy used by third parties. Or it should be created by the winner?

2 Likes

Michael, I agree, an API should be created by the winne

Ок

Отправлено из мобильной Почты Mail.ru

I like this contest idea, but i don’t like rewards model of this contest. Only 3 participants will receive rewards. but these awards are very big. Please make the rewards more fair. Do you think that 175k tons for RNG it is fair price?

I think 175k for the first price is fair, it is a big undertake. I do agree with you that considering a real affort that would take to get to 4-10 place should also be rewarded

Sure, let’s decide how many working RNG algorithms do we need? 5? 10?

In many competitions, for example, in the International Tchaikovsky Competition, either 6 or 8 nominations are awarded, taking into account the fact that two applicants can be nominated for a place at once. The RNG question is not an easy one to choose, so 8 is better.

1 Like

How will the RNG for Free TON be compared for cryptographic strength? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

the one who can realize a truly random generator will immediately become a millionaire

therefore, considering how many talented people have gathered here, I believe it worth a try … for the benefit of the winner and for all involved

How to check the selected method when building an RNG for analyzing business logic, identifying scenarios of possible attacks and choosing measures to counter these attacks.

1 Like