Contest proposal: Creating a RNG (Random Numbers Generator) in Free TON environment
The goal of developing an RNG in Free TON environment is to create a reliable source of entropy for smart contracts using external data. The developed options should be based on algorithms for obtaining a random variable that has no explicit dependencies between numbers and a predictable initial value of the generator, as well as the speed of generation and the maximum possible frequency of the generated sequence of random numbers.
The RNG implementation must accurately take into account the principles of smart contracts in Free TON environment.
Contest entry period:
October 5th, 12:00 PM UTC – November 5th, 24:00 PM UTC.
Evaluation criteria and conditions for winning:
The presented RNG development in the Free TON environment must be authentic and meet the requirements and capabilities of smart contracts set out in the published documentation
To evaluate the presented RNG for the Free TON environment, you must attach decorated materials containing:
- A short note on the developed RNG with a description of its properties, characteristics, distinctive features and other indicators;
- Register of criteria used to assess the quality of RNG;
- Methods for evaluating RNG;
- Results of RNG verification tests.
- Oriented three-level graphs of the influence of the results of checks of the bit sequence on the overall level of its quality, with an imposed system of weights and / or preferences of some criteria over others in terms of their influence.
- Results of testing the null hypothesis (H0) formed by diagrams of distribution of random variables;
- Description of methods and / or measures providing the ability to minimize the likelihood of an error of the second kind;
- List and description of additionally used sources of entropy in the development of RNG;
- List and description of the applied software layouts used by the developer to check the RNG.
The completeness and integrity of the information presented, the creativity of the solutions applied, the accuracy and reliability of the attached results will have a significant impact when deciding on the winners for the submitted RNG projects.
Vot ing :
Each of the initial Free TON jurors can vote on your submission. The jury, whose team/s intend to participate in this competition, by submitting their own materials, will lose the right to vote in this competition.
- Each juror will vote by rating each submission on a scale of 0 to 10 or can choose to reject it if it does not meet requirements, or they can choose to abstain from voting if they feel unqualified to judge.
Jurors will provide feedback on your work.
Duplicates, sub-par, incomplete or inappropriate materials will be rejected.
1st place .…………………………………. 175 000 tons
Second place ………………………………. 135 000 tons
Third place ……………………….………. 100 000 ton
An amount equal to 5% of the sum total of all total tokens actually awarded will be distributed equally between all jurors who vote and provide feedback. Both voting and feedback are mandatory in order to collect the reward.
Participants must upload their work correctly so that it can be viewed and used. If the work is not available or does not meet the described criteria, the work may be rejected by the jury.
Participants must submit their work before the closing date for applications. If not served on time, the service will not count.
Each entry must have an identifiable contact that can be matched with your RNG description. If you have not provided a forum description for discussion, then your application should contain links to your online image, for example, Telegram ID (preferred) or other direct contact information that can confirm that the submitted work is yours.
In the absence of confirmation by the applicant of authorship of the submitted RNG, the tender application is rejected.
Anyone can participate, but Free TON cannot distribute Tons to US citizens or US entities.