Submission period: June 15, 2021 00:01 UTC - July 31, 2021 at 23:59 UTC
Voting period: 20 days
Background and Description
Provable storage protocol. Faster and cheaper alternative to Filecoin. Might be
an alternative or an addition to TON Storage.
Instructions for participants
This contest supposes participants to design the provable storage protocol using
Groth16 proof verification mechanism or any other primitive.
● Protocol design should force participants to prove the data replication and storage from time to time.
● In case the design contains circuits/constraints systems description, formal description with provable statements should be present.
● The design may involve Groth16 verification usage (technical specification may involve
VERGRTH16 TVM instruction usage).
Evaluation criteria and winning conditions
● A participant should do a presentation of her solution at a convenient time agreed with DevEx members.
● The solution should be “safe” (no formal definition of safety is possible to be used here). “Nothing up my sleeve” motto should be aligned to.
● Traditional paper-alike format should be preferred.
● The design proposal which does not contain circuit/constraint system formal definitions cannot score more than 6.0 (because the whole purpose of the contest is to present provable storage, but not a “it works probably” storage)
● Jurors whose team(s) intend to participate in this contest by providing submissions lose their right to vote in this contest.
● A jury from other sub-governance groups could be added to this contest to provide additional technical expertise.
● Each juror will vote by rating each submission on a scale of 1 to 10.
● Jurors should provide feedback on each submission.
● The jury will reject duplicate, subpar, incomplete, or inappropriate submissions.
Only submissions with an average score equal to or more than 6.0 can get a reward.
1st prize … 120 000 TONs
2nd prize … 100 000 TONs
3rd prize … 80 000 TONs
4th prize … 50 000 TONs
5th prize … 30 000 TONs
6th place … 23,000 TONs
7th place … 21,000 TONs
8th place … 19,000 TONs
9th place … 17,000 TONs
10th place … 15,000 TONs
Note: In case the winning submissions amount is less than the number of rewards available, any remaining rewards are not subject to distribution and are considered void.
An amount equal to 15% of all total tokens actually awarded will be distributed equally between all jurors who vote and provide feedback. Both voting and feedback are mandatory in order to collect the reward.
An amount equal to 2 % of the prize fund will be allocated to members who participated in organizing the contest, to be distributed equally among them:
● Participants must upload their work correctly so it can be viewed and accessible in the formats described. If work is inaccessible or does not fit the criteria described, the submission may be rejected by jurors.
● Participants must submit their work before the closing of the filing of applications. If not submitted on time, the submission will not be accepted.