Contest proposal: Secure and handy tool for signing multisig transactions
This is not a contest for drawing pictures or making some vector images. It’s a contest about designing user-friendly software solutions which will make the life of community members easier and simpler.
Community members use tonos-cli to sign transactions from multisig wallets. The idea of the contest is to simplify the procedure.
December, 31, 2020 - January, 15, 23:59 UTC, 2021
The judging process is very time consuming. When the winners are chosen there is a need to create a transaction from a multisig wallet and sign it by custodians to transfer prizes to the winners. Tonos-cli is a great tool but it takes time and effort and advanced technical skills to work with it, write commands etc. The idea of this contest is to offer multisig custodians handy tools that can speed up the process and make it more user-friendly.
The submission can be any client and secure software: web dApp, application for PC/Mac/etc platform, browser extension, iOS or Android app. There are two major principles that should be considered while applying: security of master-phrase and friendly interface. The solution should give the users an option to create, see, check and sign a transaction from a multisig wallet in several clicks/taps.
Submission format and requirements
- Work should be submitted to the GitHub repository. The participant may use any GitHub account he/she wants to publish the repository
- Should have free software license
- To make the evaluation process faster, include a README file with instructions if needed
- Solution security analysis essay should be part of a submission
- Submissions with failing builds/tests/samples will be rejected
Evaluation criteria and winning conditions
Proposals will be judged strictly on the merit of their accuracy in addressing all requirements and completeness.
Only qualified proposals that meet all the required criteria will be considered.
The solution must be secure and as easy to install and interact with as possible.
1 place………………….……….20 000 TON
2 place………………….……….15 000 TON
3 place………….……………….10 000 TON
4-5 place…………………………5 000 TON
6-10 place………………………1 000 TON
Note: If the number of winning submissions is less than the number of rewards available, any remaining rewards are not subject to distribution and are considered void.
- Jurors whose team(s) intend to participate in this contest by providing submissions lose their right to vote in this contest.
- Each juror will vote by rating each submission on a scale of 0 to 10 or can choose to reject it if it does not meet requirements, or they can choose to abstain from voting if they feel unqualified to judge.
- Jurors will provide feedback on your submissions.
- Duplicate, sub-par, incomplete, or inappropriate submissions will be rejected.
An amount equal to 5% of the sum total of all total tokens actually awarded to winners of this contest will be divided equally between all jurors who vote and provide feedback. Both voting and feedback are mandatory in order to collect this reward.
- All submissions must be accessible for the jury to open and view, so please double-check your submission. If the submission is inaccessible or does not fit the criteria described, the submission may be rejected by jurors.
- Contestants must submit their work before the closing of the filing of applications. If not submitted on time, the submission will not count.
- All submissions must contain the contestant’s contact information, preferably a Telegram username by which jurors can verify that the submission belongs to the individual who submitted it. If not, your submission may be rejected.
- The content published in the forum and in the provided PDF file should not differ, except for formatting, otherwise, the submission may be rejected by jurors.
- If your submission has links to the work performed, the content of those links must have the contestant’s contact details, preferably a Telegram username so jurors can match it and verify who the work belongs to. If not, your submission may be rejected.
- The work must be uploaded to the PDF and any links can only be used as support for the submission, but that only the work in the PDF will be judged.
- If the number of participants is less than the amount of prizes available, the excess prize awards are void.
- Each contestant has the right to provide several submissions if they are all different from one another. If they are too similar, or in any way appear to be partially the same work done twice, or if they appear to be one whole body of work divided into parts to create several submissions, jurors have the right to reject such submissions.
- If the contestant wants to make an additional submission to replace a previously published submission, the contestant must inform the jury about this fact and indicate which submission is the one to be judged. In this case, only the indicated work will count. If the contestant fails to indicate which submission to judge, only the first submission made will count. The Jury will reject all others.