Free TON

Contest Proposal: TON Surf testers reward for the beta testing period (STAGE 2)

Contest: TON Surf testers for the beta testing period (Stage 2)

Description

This is a contest to reward TON Surf Beta Testers who assisted and supported TON Surf from 07 May 2020 to 22 September 2020 - the day TON Surf exited the beta mode. It is created to encourage and reward the work of beta testers, who for 4.5 months have made efforts to identify bugs, suggest improvements to both the work and the user interface of TON Surf while describing this directly in the Telegram group for testing “Secret TON Surf Testing” or technical support.

Background

The jury voted for the first proposal and the participants who provided the wallet address were paid a reward of 1,000 TONs. It later came to light that this method of compensation is not good practice for the community, and instead it was argued that such rewards should only be distributed on the basis of a contest and not just a proposal; therefore, this contest represents stage 2.

Only 60% of the participants managed to provide their wallet address. The remaining 40% considered this unfair and asked to re-vote for those who for some reason were late in sending their wallet address.

Due to the fact that the basic conditions of the initial competition were not violated, because the participants were determined in advance, some simply did not have time to provide the wallet address for receiving their reward, it is proposed to hold a contest to finally close the question on beta-testers TON Surf.

Type

Contest. This is a one-time contest that cannot be repeated.

This proposal Contest dates

December 09, 2020 (00:00 UTC) - December 18, 2020 (23:59 UTC).

Voting cycle

10 days

Motivation

Everyone who took part in the beta testing of TON Surf came to the Secret TON Surf Testing group out of pure enthusiasm, wanted to help the community and helped by describing the problems found in the application, offering useful improvements for users, and have been doing this for almost 5 months for free. Without their participation, the release of TON Surf from Beta could have been significantly delayed.

The offer to join the “Secret TON Surf Testing” group has been repeatedly published in multilingual chats of the Free TON community. But as of September 22, 2020, only 430 of all participants had joined (some of which are the developers themselves). And out of these 430, just over 100 helped the developers and, accordingly, the community.

Therefore, every socially useful action is worthy of reward.

Eligibility

Only eligible contestants as described in the “Addendum” (below, last table) can participate in this contest.

Requirements

Each of the contestants described in the “Addendum” below are eligible. No others can participate.

Each eligible contestant must make a submission that demonstrates the assistance and support they provided during the stated period of time in the “ Description ” above.

Winning conditions

Depending on the amount and scope of work performed, respectively.

Rewards

Average score of 8 - 10 points - 1000 TON Crystal

Average score of 6 - 7.99 points - 900 TON Crystal

Average score of 4 - 5.99 points - 800 TON Crystal

Average score of 2 - 3.99 points - 700 TON Crystal

Average score of 1 - 1.99 points - 600 TON Crystal

Voting

The juror must have a solid understanding of the described subject in order to provide a score and feedback. If not, the juror should choose to “Abstain”.

Jurors or whose team(s) intend to participate in this contest by providing submissions lose their right to vote in this contest.

Each juror will vote by rating each submission on a scale of 1 to 10 or can choose to reject it if it does not meet requirements or vote “Abstain” if they feel unqualified to judge.

Jurors must provide feedback on submissions or lose their reward.

The Jury will reject duplicate, sub-par, incomplete, or inappropriate submissions.

The number of days for jury voting is hereby set at 10 days

Jury rewards

An amount equal to 10% of the sum total of all total tokens awarded to contest winners will be distributed among jurors who vote and provide feedback. This percentage will be awarded on the following basis:

The percentage of tokens awarded to the jury will be distributed based on the number of votes each juror casts. For example, if one juror votes 50 times and another juror votes 5 times, the juror who votes 50 times will get 10 times more tokens than the juror who votes 5 times.

Feedback is mandatory in order to collect any rewards.

Procedural requirements

Accessibility . All submissions must be accessible for the jury to open and view, so please double-check your submission. If the submission is inaccessible or does not fit the criteria described, jurors may reject the submission.

Timing . Contestants must submit their work before the closing of the filing of applications. If not submitted on time, the submission will not count.

Content . Please submit in PDF format. If all or a portion of the original content cannot be in the form of a PDF, simply submit a PDF with links to that original content. Such links must be to files that cannot be edited after this contest is in the voting phase. If the file links are editable after voting, the jury can reject your submission. This is CRUCIAL!

Contact. Each submission must have an identifiable contact that can be matched with your description. If you have not provided a forum description for discussion, then your application should contain links to your online persona, for example, a Telegram ID (preferred) or other direct contact information that can confirm that the submitted work is yours. In the absence of confirmation by the contestant of the authorship of the submitted work, the submission is rejected

Multiple submissions

No multiple submissions are allowed for this contest.

Disclaimer 1

Anyone can participate, but Free TON cannot distribute Tons to US citizens or US entities.

Disclaimer 2

Not all users of “Secret TON Surf Testing” group are allowed to participate in this contest, but only those who described the problems and/or proposed solutions to improve the operation or user interface of TON Surf in the period from the start of the network launch to the release of TON Surf from Beta mode.

Because beta test participants are identified by the “Secret TON Surf Testing” group itself and rewards are offered for a specific period, the risk of fraudulent activity is minimized.

110 participants have been selected from the Secret TON Surf Testing group, who gave feedback in the group. The selection was made through a hashtag search: #bug; #баг; #bag; #suggestion; #предложение and by words: баг; ошибка; проблема; предложение; помощь; bug; problem; error; help; issue; suggestion, as well as their derivatives .

Addendum

Complete list of TON Surf Beta Testers

List of testers who confirmed their Telegram username and wallet address and ALREADY RECEIVED A REWARD based ont the original proposal

These individuals ARE NOT ELIGIBLE to receive additional rewards and are likewise ineligible to participate in this contest

Telegram Username (specified without @) Telegram Username (specified without @) Telegram Username (specified without @)
1 AutoMinskBY 24 everjob 47 Ndryl
2 aestlist 25 fatyanov 48 nechaevmaxim
3 aicracy 26 FlexuralSurface 49 noam_y
4 alexslynko 27 FreeTONick 50 novostroyinvest
5 alicadmin 28 Gefander 51 OzzzKld
6 ama31337 29 giarmul 52 rollie
7 anesthesia_v 30 gordienkos8115 53 russellrock
8 Angel_108 31 Grigoriy2000 54 SavvaZZZ
9 anvme 32 gulmarg 55 seventhspace
10 Arthur_Konon 33 indiachain 56 soluyanov
11 Asgerion 34 inventordwarf 57 ssource
12 bakarapara 35 itakura1 58 TanyaTasha
13 beardr3d 36 Ivmontana 59 Temofab
14 Booinitski 37 knowyourmom 60 tg2020ukraine
15 buxarnet_ru 38 KotOks 61 tgbauer
16 chuck_bogorad 39 lexus080877 62 Amba7888
17 crazymax55 40 MarGO_2012 63 ValentinSC
18 danoneo 41 MarvinGil 64 velikorodov
19 Desperate_Jim 42 Maxonsky2015 65 vonomis
20 Dima_xem 43 michaelshapkin 66 Works_w
21 DmitriiKorenev 44 Mikatrade 67 yurii_st
22 Dnugget 45 mlazarm 68 ZehanT
23 enbit88 46 moqub 69 Zhytie_Moe

List of testers who did not manage to submit their information and are now ELIGIBLE to participate in this contest

Nickname Telegram Username (specified without @) Nickname Telegram Username (specified without @)
1 AAA unknown 22 Konstantin Valkov SamBadi
2 Alex alexk00 23 LK lifintsev
3 Alexander yktacold 24 Mark Tut Ridmark
4 Altair Thisseas 25 Master Oogway xBTWx
5 Anastasia from Siberia Anastasia_from_Siberia 26 Nikita kokkekpek
6 Andrew Wojack safroman 27 Noname olamim
7 Andru Yshker Yshker 28 Obiajulu Mbanefo obi_mbanefo
8 Andry Zkn And_Zkn 29 Pryanya Pryanya11
9 Anjin_san Alex670000 30 PvP prigolovko
10 Artem punkersgen 31 SQ sforsq
11 Augrus Augrus 32 Stepan Demyanovich demyan1805
12 Denis DezzK 33 Vasili redbooker
13 Dmitry savdm 34 Артем Lucid Lynx :innocent::fire: LucidLynx
14 Egorka user_has_been_banned 35 Виктор Цой mr_victortsoi
15 Eugene Khashin adastreamer 36 Ди DiorFCT
16 G GS_05 37 Дмитрий Скрыльников dskrylnikov
17 Good Ol’ Lord Nine LordNine 38 Евгений Morystudio
18 gyromath gyromath 39 :ukraine: Jim Morrison :poland: rastaren420
19 KatoshiCoins KatoshiCoins 40 :four_leaf_clover: fed7a
20 Kira am_kira 41 :diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: skydev
21 Kirill Flyagin kirill_flyagin
31 Likes

I support the idea of holding the second stage of the competition

10 Likes

I support, despite I already got my reward.

11 Likes

I also support this proposal

8 Likes

I support the idea, it’s fair

7 Likes

I didn’t think it would be possible to get a reward after all. Maybe I’ll get a small prize after all
I’m all for it!!!

5 Likes

I m support this contest proposal; second parts of participants should finally get their rewards.

But, as i say before, it s very strange for me that people from 1 contest split into 2 parts and not threated equally.

8 Likes

Hope everyone gets their hard earned reward! It wouldn’t be fair if the jury didn’t vote this a 100% but at the same time even for them to reconsider it again is a good sign that the TON project is something that you can count on. Hope it gets its full vote!

Good luck to everyone!

9 Likes

I think it’s fair.
Thank you.

8 Likes

Very good. I totally support it

8 Likes

Firstly, I want to express my gratitude to Mr. Kolman for his participation.
Secondly, I believe that the award should be received by all participants who were listed in the first part, so I support this proposal.

11 Likes

100% support! I, myself am among those who were late, but I still hope that this epic will be successfully resolved. For great justice =)

9 Likes

Жаль только, что могут теперь не всем по 1000 наградить, поскольку решает жюри за награду

6 Likes

Честно говоря, тоже не совсем понятно.
Ведь можно сделать фиксированную награду. Все бета-тестеры, которые принимали участие и те, которые не успели подать заявки, ничем не отличаются.
Суть была такова, чтобы наградить людей, которые бескорыстно помогали репортами. Тогда о награде не шла речь.

А здесь, получается, уже и награды другие. Как жюри будет выставлять оценки? Ссылаясь на что? На качество составленных баг репортов?

Лично мне не понятно

8 Likes

I support this initiative. Looking forward to applying

6 Likes

I dont agree with grades of rewards at all.

Why the first part of participants gets 1000 crystals each and second part - have 600-1000 grades?? All, who participated, did exactly SAME job!

Why second part of participants should get less? I think, it not fair.

3 Likes

Guys and gals, for almost a month you all asked and waited for me to form a proposal for the competition. None of you suggested anything interesting. And those who wrote something did not publish anything for voting. Out of the kindness of my heart I did everything for you. Do you still have complaints against me? It was necessary to make the format of the competition out of the old proposal. In any contest, the jury shall vote on each application and assign points. In the proposal, I focused on the fact that in the first stage everyone received exactly 1000 TON each. I think the judges will take this into account.

The second part may receive nothing at all. Because, firstly, everyone had equal chances at the first stage. Secondly, this proposal must still be accepted and voted for.
I think it’s better “not to muddy the waters” :wink: :slightly_smiling_face:
The first proposal, which did not provide for a jury vote, was rejected (as I wrote in the previous topic)

14 Likes

It s totally opposite, Kolman; i m really appreciate your effort (as many peoples here too) and what you doing and want say big thanks for that. Without you, it was will be no rewards at all for beta testers.

All my posts is against big bureacratic paperworks and how things are doing here, in TON governance. Like, why we need propose a contest, for second part of people, when first part get their rewards - and waiting months for it?

It s just second part of participants, who was late. What we need to do?

1. make another, final call, for second part
  2. get their data (wallets or telegram names) and proof of person somehow
  3. give them rewards, same as first part
  4. done!
  5. no third call, if you late
9 Likes

I think the jury will take into account all the facts and vote 10 points for everyone who provides any evidence.

5 Likes

Поскорее бы уже проголосовали. И так уже долго ждем. Спасибо автору идеи за помощь нам

7 Likes