Ideas of decentralization, is a key feature for FreeTON project. It is important, that the project not only talks about such ideas, but also demonstrates that it adheres to this concept. The basic elements of TON network is validators nodes, that theoretically should be geographically located in different regions. Now is not exist simple visualization, that shows a world map for proof that nodes are located in different places and not concentrated in one datacenter.
Main idea of this contest is to find solutions for fetching geolocation data, and proof that this data is useful for map construction.
For initial validators - this map needed on FreeTON site, as demonstration, that the project adheres to decentralization ideas, and validators servers are really distributed across regions.
For users - possibility to watch, that project involves many servers across the world.
For validator node owners - as ability not trust initial validators and possibility to check common information about decentralisation independently.
For potential validator node owners - possibility to find the better place for new node, and achieve decentralization at same time.
( this is dns root servers map - for example )
Exist two cases for use this solution:
- initial validators must collect and provide this information as world map visualization on FreeTON sites.
- validators owners and simple users must have solution for check site (initial validators) information.
00:00:00 05.10.2020 UTC - 00:00:00 06.11.2020 UTC
- possible to running all components on current infrastructure (one validator node must be sufficient for processing data collector + database + visualization, data from external corporate firewall is not an appropriate solution).
- possible to running components separately (data collector, database, visualization must be possible to be running on different computers), for possibilities to realised follow architecture: 2 nodes, one database, one visualization.
- possible to be scalable horizontally (for redundancy, and production ready, for possibility be useful as data source for main FreeTON sites)
- compatible with one of modern visualization systems (Grafana | Kibana (ELK part) | Apache SuperSet | etc…)
Participant must show:
- PDF - describing the technologies used and their advantages, as well as the correspondence of the points, specified in the requirements.
- winners applying for the award must provide for community source code and deployment guide for they solution.
- link for working example also possible.
1 place — 40 000 TONs
2 place — 20 000 TONs
3 place — 10 000 TONs
Jury should be formed from the community members with high technical knowledge and experience
Initial members whose team(s) intend to participate in the contest lose their right to nominate a jury member.
If the competition is approved, I think it is possible to implement voting through a special tool, which will already be implemented in the blockchain for competitions
An amount equal to 5% of the sum total of all total tokens actually awarded to winners of this contest will be divided equally between all jurors who vote and provide feedback. Both voting and feedback are mandatory in order to collect this reward.