Free TON

Contest: Token Distribution Calculations & Stats Support

Description

The distribution of tokens to community contest winners, initial member vesting contracts, jurors, partners, etc. is beautiful. But what you may not know is that there is a whole team dedicated to making this happen. They extract source files from the smart contract, create formula-based Excel files, check and re-check them, go through every detail line-by-line, verify amounts from the original proposals and contests, create smart contracts for distribution, confirm and verify working transaction tables, initiate transactions and only then send it to the the group that signs the final tx’s to send all of you your tokens.

Each distribution takes them no less than 2 days to complete and they have now done it many, many times. Each time tokens go out, it’s these guys and gals who make that happen. It’s a lot of work. Time to get THEM some tokens.

Type

Contest. Includes support of the above described work for periods starting September 13, 2020 (when members first formed a group for this work) through December 2, 2020 (last distribution at the time this contest was drafted).

Contest dates

December 09, 2020 (00:01 UTC) - December 18, 2020 (23:59 UTC).

Voting cycle

10 days

Motivation

Some members of the community volunteered to help with the collection of statistics on contests and proposal rewards. This was especially kind of them. Each member of the community benefited from their help. This proposal suggests encouraging their previous work and continued effort.

Eligibility

You must have contributed to the calculation and distribution of tokens for winners of contests, jurors, proposals, initial member vestings, partnership/collaboration proposal payouts, and/or any other token payment distribution work for the period starting September 13, 2020 through December 2, 2020.

Winning conditions/criteria

• Time and effort spent during all contests payouts periods
  • Scripts, payout tables, posts, and sleepless nights
  • Technical advice, creating smart contracts
  • Organization and oversight of givers to sign tx’s all at once
  • Verifications
  • Calculations

Rewards

1st place………………… 5,000 TONs

2nd………………………. 4,000 TONs

3rd………………………… 3,500 TONs

4th………………………… 3,000 TONs

5th………………………… 2,500 TONs

6th………………………… 2,000 TONs

7th………………………… 1,500 TONs

8th - 12th place………. 1,000 TONs each

Voting

• The juror must have a solid understanding of the described subject in order to provide a score and feedback. If not, the juror should choose to “Abstain”.
  • Each juror will vote by rating each submission on a scale of 1 to 10 or can choose to reject it if it does not meet requirements or vote “Abstain” if they feel unqualified to judge.
  • Jurors must provide feedback on submissions or lose their reward.
  • The Jury will reject duplicate, sub-par, incomplete, or inappropriate submissions.
  • The number of days for jury voting is hereby set at 10 days

Jury rewards

An amount equal to 10% of the sum total of all total tokens awarded to contest winners will be distributed among jurors who vote and provide feedback. This percentage will be awarded on the following basis:

• The percentage of tokens awarded to the jury will be distributed based on the number of votes each juror casts. For example, if one juror votes 50 times and another juror votes 5 times, the juror who votes 50 times will get 10 times more tokens than the juror who votes 5 times.
  • Feedback is mandatory in order to collect any rewards.

Procedural requirements

Accessibility. All submissions must be accessible for the jury to open and view, so please double-check your submission. If the submission is inaccessible or does not fit the criteria described, jurors may reject the submission.

Timing. Contestants must submit their work before the closing of the filing of applications. If not submitted on time, the submission will not count.

Content. Please submit in PDF format. If all or a portion of the original content cannot be in the form of a PDF, simply submit a PDF with links to that original content. Such links must be to files that cannot be edited after this contest is in the voting phase. If the file links are editable after voting, the jury can reject your submission. This is CRUCIAL!

Contact. Each submission must have an identifiable contact that can be matched with your description. If you have not provided a forum description for discussion, then your application should contain links to your online persona, for example, a Telegram ID (preferred) or other direct contact information that can confirm that the submitted work is yours. In the absence of confirmation by the contestant of the authorship of the submitted work, the submission is rejected.

Multiple submissions

No multiple submissions are allowed for this contest.

Disclaimer

None of the aforementioned individuals are US citizens or part of US entities.

20 Likes

I don’t envy these guys doing this routine. Of course yes.

1 Like

I support this proposal fully. I think any valuable work, which has an impact on Free TON developement, should be rewarded.

Also, I have some suggestions for improvement:

1- This proposal should be implemented under A&S (Analytics & Supports) SG. Any kind of support proposal fall under aims and scopes of A&S sg, I think.
2- It is very helpful to the community if A&S publishs a list of Support proposals (such as DeSupport, DeAnalytics, …) with a time schedule for future. This will give an opportunity for other members to participate If they have some abilities under scope of those proposals.

Finally I congratulate the community for the help received from talented individuals mentioned in this proposal above. Good luck guys.

3 Likes

Agree A&S fit much more! Thank you for your advice, moved!

4 Likes

Fully support, not visible to all, but do a lot of work

1 Like

Absolutely correct! This belongs under A&S. I should have realized that. Thank you.

2 Likes

I agree with you for 100%! We should support this people!
Thank you for your work!

I support, because the guys have invested their time! Since time is a valuable resource, and it is impossible to return a second and buy it for any material wealth! :100: :+1: :+1: :+1: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :pray:

Thank you for your hard work guys :+1: , support 100%

I support this proposal but I think it shouldn’t be a contest, it should just be a reward for all of them instead. A fix number of token be given to them all as reward

1 Like

This is something that has been discussed at length. That kind of process leads to a very bad precedent, where anyone who draws a crystal on a sidewalk with a piece of chalk then comes and asks for tokens :joy: :joy: :joy:

A contest is the only way to do this, and this is a good working example for any such future work. The jury must decide.

1 Like

I support too. This is the least we can do in response to their efforts.

1 Like

I made the above statements because of the mandatory contestants posted initially. I think contest is ok now.

yes sure its hard and routing work. Support it!

Hello, guys

I so many times checked submissions of others that now I feel strange to apply myself.
But still, here it is.

I am Vladislav, you know me as an active member of the main governance, A&S, and DeFi.

Within the Contest stats & results group, I’m leading the verification of the prepared calculations for further payouts.

My Telegram: @xestrum
Wallet: 0:893d27bb9717bfdff7c5b31ca3c7e9338f6d23d05b3adac14b726bb4281f5e59

TL;DR

• Payout preparation consists of three stages: data collection, verification, smart contract preparation
  • All the initial calculations are later confirmed by me to make sure there are no errors and they correspond to contests’ terms
  • All the contests in Main governance since Sep 15th have been verified by me

My contribution

Payouts preparation is a manual process until Gov2.0 goes alive. It means there are no standards on how to describe contests and calculate rewards.

After the data collection team prepares the initial calculation, I step in and perform lots of checks to make sure the data are valid and can be released to the further step.

What do I exactly check?

• Submissions data
    • Correct number of submissions
    • Correct wallet addresses
    • Validity of submissions vs contest terms (i.e. that all hard criteria are met)
  • Jury data
    • Correct quantity of approves, rejects and abstains
    • Correct number of jurors
  • Voting data
    • Correct total score
    • Correct participant ranking
  • Reward data
    • Correct prizes
    • Correct jury (and governance, if any) rewards
    • Correct gas amount
    • Correct givers distribution
  • Overall data integrity and alternative calculation test
  • Checks for borderline cases

In case there are any discrepancies, I work out the reasons for errors and advise the data collection team on how to fix them and avoid them in the future.

If I find calculations appropriate, I confirm them contest by contest.

\ 337x306

My work gets complicated by several factors:

• Everyone in our group are volunteers, who have to perform their regular work duties in the daytime
  • As a result, normally data collection team provides their inputs in the evening or even in the night
  • As we all try to make payouts smooth and fast, I have to check all the data late in the evening, independent of the day of the week

Besides contests payouts, there are also proposal payouts, which include distribution of subgovernances budgets, partnerships, giver loans, validators vesting and subsidized stakes, and others.

I check them for:

• Correct payout amounts (especially if they are split into several stages)
  • Correct givers
  • Fulfillment of proposal conditions

Results

All the contests payouts in the Main governance since Sep 15th have been checked by me and paid to happy winners, validators, partners, and subgovernances.

I cannot calculate the exact amount of hours spent for checking payouts, but I estimate it to be several weeks of full-time job.

Proofs

There are far too many proofs to put them into this document, so with your permission, I will attach only several of them. If you need additional ones, please ping me in Telegram, I will provide you with them.

There are several dozen times I was asked to check calculation results (they surely don’t fit one screen when searching).

\ 296x212

5 Likes

Hello! I’ve submitted my PDF.

Hello! Also submit my PDF

You guys and gals are great and worthy of an reward :+1:

Hi, I’am submitting my PDF.

I’m with you, guys :slight_smile: Submitted.