Free TON

DePools Validators Contest [19.08.20 - 20.09.20]

@Mitja will you open source-code of the contract?

Prizes are not in line with other contests. I think it should be lower.
100, 75, 50 and etc.

1 Like

Cycle Credit Amount: [TBD] Tons for each Validation Cycle

15-20 crystals is a good price. If it will be more, we get many $20 VPS in this contest…

Strongly disagree. Validators have costs to run the high performance node and very complicated logic for devops scripts, operations etc. on a constant basis. Also this contest is more complicated than the previous one, cause it involves deployment and maintenance of DePool smart contract. I suggest 1000 per cycle or even more.

1 Like

If that, I think we need to cut max numbers of validators, who will get this “Cycle Credit Amount” Based on rating. 75% I think

1 Like

Yes thats reasonable IMO

Guys, can anyone answer the question about Hacking part of the contest?
Is there a source code for dePools smart contracts or should we hack the “black box”?

The smart contract source code will be published once the contest starts

3 Likes

Oh, I’m sorry, I thought it started on August 10. Thank you for your clarification

would you minding explaining a little bit more?
75% <-- does it mean overall for the entire contest? do we have a number what are the overall percentage rate for the validator contest? maybe we can take some references when deciding this number?

I suggest to reconsider difference in prizes between 1st and 10th places, it looks quite strange to have this kind of gaps between prize spots… Almost 10x between 1st and 4th place. My proposal is to make prizes a bit smaller, but for more people. Something like:

Highest rated………………………… 40,000 Tons
2nd highest rated…………………… 39,000 Tons
3rd highest rated…………………… 38,000 Tons
4th highest rated…………………… 37,000 Tons
5th highest rated…………………… 36,000 Tons
6th highest rated…………………… 35,000 Tons
7th highest rated…………………… 34,000 Tons
8th highest rated…………………… 33,000 Tons
9th highest rated…………………… 32,000 Tons
10th highest rated…………………… 31,000 Tons
11th highest rated…………………… 30,000 Tons

40th highest rated…………………… 1,000 Tons

Prize pool will remain almost the same, but much more people will be rewarded for their efforts.

9 Likes

Sorry, could you a little explanation to me a couple of things:

1. Am I right understand that in this contest can participate only winners from first validator game
  2. Is this contest necessary for winners of the previous game to start to work on the main net?

Agree that 10 places is not enough in comparison to Validators contest where participated more than 350 validators. To raise interest to this contest not only for “Pro’s” I would agree that we could raise number of “win places” to at least 20 (maximum in my consideration is 50).

2 Likes

good idea.!!!

2 Likes

Agreed with previous statements and think what top50 rewards with proportionally decreased amount will be the most adequate for such contest.

1 Like

No and no, as I know :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is there documentation about DePools to have better background about it?

check this https://docs.ton.dev/86757ecb2/p/45d6eb-depool-specifications

1 Like

There is no such a lot of information. As far as I know many things are still in prgoress.

Is contest delayed or contract code info pasted elsewhere?

1 Like