And one more with a math error fixed (thanks @Darkwingduck )
Free TON Academy Contest: Developers’ Websites.
Contest dates: August 7, 2021 — September 22, 2021 (at 23:59 UTC).
AMA Cycle: 3 days
Voting cycle: 10 days
The goal of this Contest is to support ongoing efforts of development teams in onchain programming, devops solutions, smart contracts and tools facilitating interaction with blockchain. We would like to ensure ongoing specialised learning by providing new and existing users with adequate, accessible documentation about Free TON blockchain. We want to assist in attracting developers to join the Free TON Community. New developers joining free TON for the very first time should be able to access all necessary information quickly and conveniently.
As Free TON is a community driven ecosystem, choice of materials should be diverse, with multiple teams competing for developers’ attention. Therefore, this contest is aimed at projects and teams able to create and maintain developer-oriented websites dedicated to one or several areas.
- Contest submissions - 45 days
- Ongoing site support - min 6 months
- AMA sessions following the Contest to describe submission and answer questions from the Community - 3 days
- Jury deliberations - 10 days
Confirmed experience in onchain programming in Free TON, devops solutions, smart contracts and tools facilitating interaction with blockchain.
Confirmation of availability of Github repository code.
- Websites are done by contestant without outside help without using existing solutions or wordpress.
- Site has all of the standard navigation tools.
- UX level at the level of similar contemporary websites.
- All pages and elements have no errors.
- Site is available for web and mobile devices.
- Google Page speed above 70 for web version, above 60 for mobile.
- Confirmation of the main contestant criteria - demonstration of the relevant work performed.
- 6 months plan to further develop the site(s) if needed, and corresponding content strategy
- Link(s) to working sites
- Link(s) to Github Code
- Link(s) to source graphic materials (such as Figma or in other formats)
- Site(s) must be available throughout the contest and 6 months after.
- Submission to be provided in English, in PDF format, on gov.freeton.org with a copy in the relevant Forum discussion.
- Each submission must have an identifiable contact that can be matched with your description. In the absence of confirmation by the contestant of the authorship of the submitted work, the submission is rejected.
To receive Rewards, a minimum of 6 points is needed.
1 Place 60000 TONs (12000 plus 8000/mo for 6 month based on the execution report by winner)
2 Place 45000 TONs (9000 plus 6000/mo for 6 month based on the execution report by winner)
3 Place 30000 TONs (6000 plus 4000/mo for 6 month based on the execution report by winner)
4-6 Place 15000 TONs (3000 plus 2000/mo for 6 month based on the execution report by winner)
Total Contest Rewards respectfully requested - 180000 TONs.
If needed, Academy SD may request external expertise on this technically advanced Contest from DevOps, DevX and other specialised groups.
An amount equal to 10% of the total sum of all total tokens awarded to contest winners will be distributed among jurors who vote and provide feedback. This percentage will be awarded on the following basis:
The percentage of tokens awarded to the jury will be distributed based on the number of votes each juror casts. For example, if one juror votes 50 times and another juror votes 5 times, the juror who votes 50 times will get 10 times more tokens than the juror who votes 5 times.
Feedback is mandatory to collect any rewards.
Jury rewards are distributed in full upon the end of voting regardless of the long term outcome juror will vote by rating each submission on a scale of 1 to 10 or can choose to reject it if it does not meet requirements or vote ‘Abstain’ if they feel unqualified to judge.
Jurors must provide feedback on submissions or lose their reward.
The Jury will reject duplicate, sub-par, incomplete, or inappropriate submissions.
- The juror must have a solid understanding of the described technology to provide a score and feedback. If not, the juror should choose to ‘Abstain’.
- Jurors or whose team(s) intend to participate in this contest by providing submissions lose their right to vote in this contest.
- Each juror will vote by rating each submission on a scale of 1 to 10 or can choose to reject it if it does not meet requirements or vote ‘Abstain’ if they feel unqualified to judge.
Admin fee - 5% от бюджета конкурса to be shared among administrators of the Contest as decided by the Academy SubGovernance Initial Members.
In case of good feedback from users after 6 month, Academy SG can provide further contests for supporting the best of websites.
Publications that are already financed via community sub-governances or through partnerships cannot participate in this contest.
Each contestant has the right to provide several submissions if they are all original and differ from one another significantly enough to be considered different. This scale of difference will be judged by the jury subjectively as there is no clear way to define it. The operative phrase here is to “use your common sense”. If multiple submissions are deemed to be too similar by the jury, or if they in any way appear to be partially the same work done twice, or if they appear to be one whole body of work divided into parts to create the illusion of several submissions, jurors have the right to reject such submissions without question. Again, common sense and honesty will prevail in the event of discrepancies.
If the contestant makes an additional submission or submissions in order to replace a previously published submission, the contestant must inform the jury about this fact in their correct submission PDF, indicating which submission is the correct one to be judged. In this case, only the indicated work will count. If the contestant fails to indicate which submission is to be judged, then said contestant leaves it in the jury’s hands. NO EXCEPTIONS!
If and when this Proposal is accepted, Free TON Academy SubGovernance shall request proposed rewards from Free TON Community since they exceed current Academy mandate as described in https://firebasestorage.googleapis.com/v0/b/ton-labs.appspot.com/o/documents%2Fapplication%2Fpdf%2Fijqvcyw8inpkm27z1lb-FT%20ACADEMY%20SUBGOV%20PROPOSAL-7.pdf?alt=media&token=06d6553a-1749-4aec-a89e-585d5be21ef6
If you would like to share your experience in building Developers’ websites, please leave your contacts on Forum to #custdevDS,