This is a report of one of the renewable activities ongoing within the Free TON Africa SG and SMM SG co-operation. The mandate and budget to carry this podcast is supported by the agreement to co-operate as per the following proposals:
Voted for proposal
A podcast is a digital audio file, typically a series of many that is held by a group of individuals, or a single person discussing various issues affecting the society.
PROJECTED DATE OF PODCAST: 9th May, 2021
The podcast will be hosted by 254 Millennial talk, a community that discusses components of the human ecosystem and their effects.
Our target audience is individuals aged 15-40, with an interest in cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. There will be a video AD made for advertising purposes and it will be posted on the main telegram channels of Free TON.
There shall be no voting for this proposal as per intro above.
Advertising, Content Creation and Organizers catered for by Free TON Africa & SMM SG approved joint budget.
- Podcasting will aid the Free TON Africa SG and SMM SG vision of blogging, creating news and processing information, to educate the community.
- The main goal is to raise awareness, educate and answer questions around cryptocurrency and blockchain in the community.
- Learn the perspective of the audience on these issues and how Free TON can help each community grow positively, especially to embrace decentralization, in blockchain.
POSTER FOR THE PODCAST
VIDEO ADVERT FOR THE PODCAST
DATE HELD : 9th May, 2021
MAIN TOPIC : BITCOIN AND OTHER CRYPTOCURRENCIES IN KENYA
- To simplify and explain, to the 254 Millenial Community, what blockchain and cryptocurrency means and what is happening in this emerging ecosystem.
- To introduce Free TON to the 254 Millenial Community, and how to be part of the Free TON Africa community.
Duration : 80 Minutes (from 5 pm - 6:20 pm)
Venue : DISCORD https://discord.gg/rDMfpWKAEx
HOST: Nurm Lock
ORGANISER: Nina Pesoca
LINED-UP SPEAKERS: Thomas Mutemi, Yong Tyc
GUEST SPEAKER: John Kanyiri
PARTICIPANTS : 20 (On both YouTube and Discord)
ONLINE STATISTICS : Here is the podcast livestream (Also live statistics of views)
BUDGET : Courtesy of Free TON Africa and SMM Sub Governances co-operation budget.
To eliminate apprehension among the 254 Millenial Community, and facilitate comfortable communication, the Free TON approach was to:
- Use the 254 Millennial Discord to create familiarity among its members and also engage them in their own backyard.
- Allow the host, organizer and some of the main speakers to be from the 254 Millennial community to control the whole schedule as per their norms, practices and rules.
- Sponsor the podcast so as to ease the financial burden on the 254 Millenial Community and also create curiosity on why they would be funded.
All the participating members were happy with the podcast, especially with our guest speakers who answered all the questions, with transparency and truth. There was positive feedback from the 254 Millennial community in attendance.
Members were eager to discover:
- The differences between blockchain and cryptocurrency, decentralised exchanges and logistics in the crypto trades, as explained by Mr Austin Yong Tyc, an initial member of the Free TON Africa sub governance.
- About smart contracts and other technical terms around blockchain technology as expounded by 254 Millenials’ own Mr Thomas Mutemi (***bernice).
- About the philosophies, ideologies, legalities, opportunities and future financial trends sprouting and already blossoming in the blockchain ecosystems for benefit to individuals and communities as clarified by Mr John Kanyiri an initial member of the Free TON Africa sub governance.
- There is a lot of misconception and scepticism about the crypto space and blockchain technology as a whole and the members of 254 Millennial are not the exception.
- The level of knowledge of the organizers or speakers and that of the 254 millenials was different and sometimes the conversation was not flowing smoothly back and forth, especially during question time, indicating the different levels of grasp of the core matter of discussion or the thinking scope of both speaker and audience.
- The Topic of the day and the interest/questions from the 254 Millennials was digressing meaning there is a disconnect between the millennials understanding of blockchain technology and low level crypto scams.
NEXT PLAN OF ACTION:
The extension beyond the normal times of the podcast and the abrupt ending due to time constraints means the topic on blockchain technology is of considerable interest to the 254 Millennials therefore:
With funds allowing, more podcasts can be organized to sensitize the African community on blockchain technology, decentralized apps, decentralised finance, investing in cryptocurrency, and philosophies around this emerging technology so as to create a common ground of ‘blockchain literacy/knowledge’.
Have prior meetings to strategize on future podcasts, especially on giving snippets and summaries about the topic of discussion to the podcast audience, so that they can acclimatise themselves to the topic of the day beforehand (considering that much of blockchain technology is new or unknown to a lot of people) so as to have healthier, compact and informed discussion/presentations.
FREE TON ADDRESS: