Free TON

FreeTON.org "About" Section Text Proposal

Well howdy there all fellow Free TONers.

As some of you may or may not know, the freeton.org website is getting a much needed makeover. Yes, really! Finally :sweat:.

As with all good websites, it will have an “About” section. As with all good About sections, it should be short, sweet, and should capture the visitor’s attention immediately. We will only have a precious few seconds to do so from a visitor’s first click to get them navigating further. With that in mind, here’s my attempt at creativity. If you like it, let’s roll with it. We don’t have much time.

Important note: this About section is not like most other websites, because we as a community have numerous sites that will only grow in number, and eventually we will have too many to count. That’s how decentralization works. That being said, people do need a point of entry from where they can quickly understand how to explore further having to figure out for themselves where and what and how. With that mind, this About section will take them to an overall catalog of where they can go and what is available to them globally throughout all of the contributing members and sites.

Okey-dokey, her we go.

FreeTON.org “About” Section Text Proposal

/About

Decide to stay put and everything remains the same. Centralization, questionable freedom, comfort to the extent that you’re willing to admit to yourself, hoping that someone else saves the day and brings about change.

Or, decide to enter the world of Free TON and we show you just how deep the rabbit hole really goes.

The question is, are you ready?

Magic behind the curtain

Free TON is a multithreaded, sharded blockchain that will scale to over one million transactions per second… but we’ll talk about that inside.

Free TON basics

Free TON is driven by a community of peers. Freeton.org is a consolidated entryway to all of the vast multitudes of projects, activities, interests, other websites and work that’s happening right now within the ecosystem.

Use this website as a master catalog to quickly and easily identify areas where your talent, your identity, your belief system and your knowhow are relevant and necessary, then begin your journey from there toward making internet freedom a reality for all, including for yourself.

Use tags

These will help your search, and they will help direct you to where your heart, mind, body and soul urge you to be, so that you can contribute, earn tokens (“TON Crystals” or simply “TONs”), and propel yourself to be a part of something great – the biggest movement toward real freedom and liberty using blockchain technology the way it was meant to be used.

Decentralization as credo

Like Bitcoin, Free TON has no official website or websites. Every link will lead you to something amazing and original that was created by people like you while using Free TON as the platform to make it on. Everything you find is supported by specialized and like-minded teams or groups who develop their own solutions. You are in control of your destiny.

Be the change.

Meritocracy

As an absolute meritocracy, all TONs are earned through contests and partnerships in exchange for your ideas and contributions. Bring something that helps expand and improve the network and community, and get rewarded, big time!

Free TON never had or will have:

• ICOs or token sales of any kind
  • A legal entity
  • A foundation

Free TON is, well… it’s FREEDOM

Mind blown? Let’s begin

9 Likes

I think this is a great idea. I support.

3 Likes

Brilliant ideas and great thoughts to include essential information in the about section. Full support :sunglasses:

Sounds great. Let’s do a cool job! I fully support :100:

I support this 1000% and will get behind anything that helps people understand what we’re all about. The About section proposed here sounds more important than just an About section, though.

There are two resources I would like to point out for inspiration

1. https://aragon.org/ > " Start your journey" helps visitors choose which aspect of aragon is most relevant to their needs; communities governed by aragon drives here https://poweredby.aragon.org/ ; which has a great roll-over effect showing all social channels; overall design is visually stimulating, engaging and has a solid user journey

2. Decentralized applications (dapps) | ethereum.org > scroll to " Explore dapps" there are tags for filtering search and with each dapp there is a logo, short and succinct blurb and a button which encourages the user to visit the website.

support to contest for creation of free ton easy-access interface.

Fully support this proposal, we need one more entry point!

Who wants to have a go at bashing me over the head? Come on! I know there’s a line outside the door and around the corner. Get your sticks, bats, stones and bricks ready. Chances like this won’t come around too often. :kissing_heart: :joy: :joy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So here’s the deal. I wanted to draft an “About” page and instead went into the landing page realm. Yes, I admit my mess. The fact is that the text up there :point_up_2: has nothing in common with an About section of a website, especially our website. Look, it was late, my creative bone started aching, and I went off the deep end. It happens. But I had a few hours of sleep and actually dreamt about where my screw up was. An About page has to be short and just quickly describe the function of the site and its moving parts. Nothing more. So with the help of some of our other community folks (Thank you Ann, Eugene, Vit, Alik and Roman – different Roman :grin: , Ben, Joanne, and many others), it’s been fixed.

Please have a second look and this time, just like me, please think about this as the About section and NOT a landing page in terms of text. Please also note that the website will essentially be a catalog of all the other sites and projects we have. So here we go. Round 2:

/About

Behind the curtain

Free TON is a multithreaded, sharded blockchain that will scale to over one million transactions per second… but we’ll talk about that inside.

Decentralization as credo

Like Bitcoin, Free TON has no official website or websites. Each link will lead you to something amazing and original, created by people like you on the platform.

Everything is supported by specialized and like-minded groups who develop their own solutions.

Free TON basics

Free TON is a community of peers. Freeton.org is a consolidated entryway to all of the vast multitudes of projects, activities, interests, other websites and work that’s happening right now within the ecosystem.

Use this website as a master catalog to quickly and easily identify areas where your talent, your identity, your belief system and your know-how are relevant and necessary to scale the network.

Since Free TON is a community blockchain, its structure reflects this: countless organic parts that help grow the whole. Every valuable project gets an equal, fair play.

Use tags

Tags are words or phrases that help you search and match your talents to community groups and projects that share your interests. Find kindred spirits and like-minded teams in order to contribute and earn tokens (“TON Crystals” or simply “TONs”).

Meritocracy

All TONs are earned through contests and partnerships in exchange for your amazing contributions. Bring something that helps the organism grow and improve, and get rewarded big time!

Free TON never had or will have:

• ICOs or token sales of any kind
  • A legal entity
  • A foundation

Web Free!

Digital freedom belongs to the people. The work begins with you.

Get started here.

2 Likes

I’ve sent you my comments.

1 Like

I like ideas described in the proposal.