Today, blockchain is developing faster than user software. The number and technical equipment of “coins” is much greater than standard software solutions for the user.
Most blockchains have: blockchain separately, exchange separately, forum separately, voting separately, and so on. (examples: bitcoin, ether).
Free TON community is no exception
In other words, a decentralized digital, self-governing community should be an asset / growth driver, as long as not a single coin succeeded.
At present, there is no official process of self-government with a convenient user interface that would quantitatively and qualitatively provide information from the community based on which significant changes to the protocol will be made.
In other words decentralized autonomous community has such novel set of requirements no existing software can fulfill, namely:
- Discussion on the governance topics, creation of working groups should be effective
- Access to on-chain voting process should be easy (1 click) and secure
- Participation should be encouraged but lack of it should not block the governance system function
Today, developers receive information from the community, in the form of comments, polls and other messages at different sites, not systematically and not qualitatively. The current community assessment mechanism for innovation and decision making is incredibly amorphous and not standardized.
Moreover, many members of the Free Ton Community are unaware of the existence of ongoing polls. This process does not imply a quantitative assessment of community sentiment. And it does not mean content management tools, both for an individual user and the community as a whole.
Today, in the public domain there is no solution combining these areas, which are necessary for a full-fledged statement of the problem, a collective choice of a solution and evaluation.
The list of platforms with the predominance of the 1st information component. (discussions)
Reddit, Slack, Discord, Notion, Rocket.Chat, Stride, Flock, Hangouts, Yandex.Yamb, Riot, Zulip chat
List 2 - Organizational (Voting / proposal / submission)
Even blockchains which are based on community governance such as Cosmos do not have comprehensive tools for user engagement and governance process management.
Free TON needs something like Ethereum Gitcoin platform (https://gitcoin.co/townsquare) but much simpler, streamlined and engaging from user experience step point and tight directly with a platform governance.
Here we present a project for FreeTON decentralized community management and governance based on principles described in Declaration of Decentralization.
The process of governance could be divided into two main functions:
- Information (Idea/discussions) – which is about information sharing, discussion and other user communication functions
- Organization (Voting/proposal/submission) – which is about decision making, voting and other collective decision making function based on the provided information.
Direct decentralized crypto democracy - a form of organization of a community forum, with the help of which the main decisions are initiated, adopted and executed directly by community members;
A convenient forum is a main tool to reach a collective decision through voting / referenda connected to the Free TON blockchain which gives maximum openness and reliability of the information provided.
The system allows to carry out a full cycle of community management activities: identify problems and bottlenecks, gather ideas and solutions to these problems, select them and refine the best solutions to the level of ready-to-implement and manage implementation.
All these actions are carried out by the participants of the system on the principles of collective interaction and crowdsourcing, which allows to make the most effective use of the power of the “collective mind” of the community.
How the system works
- User authorisation is Free TON blockchain based
- Community members share information in a simple text of a graphic forum, with easy navigation through Posts via Topics and Community Groups.
- The content is easily filtered by Topic, Group and due date. Full text search is available.
- At the touch of a button, any topic or comment turns into a community Voting proposal.
- Users vote with a stake as described in the SMV specifications right on the Forum
- The topic promotion in the feed and notifications will depend on the size of the total steak as well as due date for voting. All funds put by the participants of the vote are returned after the vote, the cost of each vote is held (protecting from bots and trolls).
- Groups can be created and managed easily with their own topics, create and manage their own sub-community voting.
Status: active development. MVP will be ready for community to try next week.