Dear Free TON community, I’ve been thinking a lot recently about where we are with Free TON on development of the network. Recent world record on throughput on the Rust network and an all-new impactful White paper suggest that we achieved a certain significant milestone. I would say that over the last year we built a significant foundation by creating the world’s most performing network and open community governance model. Let’s call that a Foundation Phase. Now with the new White paper, upcoming Rust network, proven performance, multiple use cases and debots coming in we are entering a Growth Phase. Typically when you enter a new phase you have to adjust the governance to the challenges lying ahead to support that in order to get to the next phase. Let’s call that last phase a Sustainable Development Phase. Logically we need to start making changes from the initial members who did a great job launching the network and contributing to decentralisation, but then the level of contribution started to vary significantly. Some initial members have been contributing heavily. Others didn’t for different reasons. And some even sold the majority of tokens which among other things can mean a disbelief in the future of the network. Because if you believe you hodl. We can see the substance around that in the Analytics & Support SG proposal. In the light of the above I would suggest:
In order to support the Growth Phase I suggest to lock remaining unvested ton crystal tokens of all initial members until we go through the Growth Phase and get to the Sustainable Development Phase. It would probably take us about a year or so. Global governance should have the flexibility to vote when that happens and tokens of the initial members get unlocked.
We need all members of the initial governance to be big believers in the Free TON future. Therefore I would suggest to rotate 8 voting keys (recommendation of the A&S SG) from the less contributing members to the newly elected 8 members who proved their strong belief in the network by heavility contributing to its success and even by buying tokens on the secondary market to demonstrate that belief with personal investments. I would suggest rewarding those proven and recognized contributors with say 1 mln tokens each that would be locked 100% until the end of the Growth phase.
In my humble opinion good candidates that can strengthen global governance could be:
- Chatex. I don’t think comments are needed here. We all remember what role Chatex played in creating initial liquidity and trading infrastructure.
- Origin Labs team, which used to be a core developer of the Dune network. They created a Free TON - Dune bridge and ensured success of the Dune network merger into Free TON. They are a co-founding member of the Formal methods SG, which is critical for our long-term success. Lastly, they voluntarily suggested to lock the ton crystal tokens that they got in exchange for their unlocked Dune tokens. That’s a very strong demonstration of the belief in Free TON.
- Warp Capital fund. Warp Capital invested fund money heavily into ton crystals, which is their largest (tens of millions of tokens) position in their portfolio among next generation blockchains. Warp Capital is one of the most active participants behind the DeFi alliance and heavily participates in their governance and active growth.
- The Korean SG team (names are in the SG proposal) that launched ton crystals in the Korean market and created a passionate community of contributors and hodlers. For example Kilox wallet for the Korean market has 20k+ users.
- Second Korean team led by @Moon (who we all know and respect) that contributed a significant amount of Korean validators to the network (many via buying tokens) and is currently working on a few partnerships in Korea (SK, Kakao games, Samsung). That same team is also helping to kick start the Indian and Japanese subgoverances and brough Moonstake (4th largest staking pool in the world) as a likely upcoming partner.
- IT group of companies that created a GrandBazar NFT marketplace that is quickly getting traction. They invested (buying substantial amount of tokens) into a few C++ network validators and Rust cup infrastructure. Key members of their leadership team play very important roles in the growth of the Free TON Academy, which is one of the prides of our community.
- The team that founded the Vietnamese SG (names are in the SG proposal). Besides direct contribution in Vietnam (Free TON Vietnam chat has over 4k active members already) they also gave Free TON access to a community of about 100k retail traders globally. We saw the power of that community when we had voting for the Staking Rewards listing. The folks asked that trading community to support Free TON in voting and a few thousand of the folks did (likely buying some ton crystals along the way as well). That team is now also working on a few strong partnerships.
- Last but not least - GDA Capital. This is the first active North American member in Free TON. And what a member. In collaboration with the DeFi alliance they just launched probably the most ambitious initiative in Free TON to date - Next Top Free TON startup competition. And this is only the beginning of their contribution. To demonstrate their passion to the project they are in the process of acquiring $2mln worth of ton crystals for their portfolio and will participate in staking and farming.
This list is just my personal opinion based on observations and is of course up for comments and opinions by the active members of the community.
Imagine what a stronger global governance we will have if we execute the above.