In line with its launch goals and now achieving significant results, Wiki Subgovernance is requesting a tokens for the next period of its operations.
The Wiki Subgovernance states that over the past period, all planned goals have been achieved. Here are the main results:
- 22 world languages.
- More than 1000 published articles.
- More than 100 authors and translators.
- Members Selection Contest was held to represent the international community.
- Held 9 regular WRC contests to create added value for the Free TON community and help a wide range of users and developers.
- A quality control system for articles and translations has been set up;
- The quality of the articles has improved due to the editorial checks of each work;
- Added editor tags to help readers see a rating of the relevance and quality of the article;
- Reorganized worksheets for ease of use and structured all information for working with Wiki;
- A guide for new authors on creating articles and tips on formatting were made;
- Attentive chat support service quickly answers any questions;
- New Wiki Members recruited from the international community;
- Increased responsibility for judges;
- The Google Analytics statistics system has been set up;
- Wiki structure has been significantly improved;
- News and important announcements are regularly published in two Telegram channels (in Russian and English);
- Free TON Wiki news coming to Twitter from June 2021;
- Relevant topics have been created and maintained on popular crypto forums;
- The number of authors, translators and native speakers has grown by almost 50 new members;
- The number of submissions for contests from authors and translators has grown from an average of 20 submissions to over 100 submissions now.
Wiki works for the community! Following this motto and requests from the community, the Wiki translation team quickly translated the Free TON Whitepaper draft into Russian. We plan to synchronize this document with the final version and publish the original and translation. If there is a request from the community, we are ready to translate the Free TON Whitepaper into other languages present in the Wiki.
Wiki SG is moving from the existing model of regular Wiki Renewal Contests (WRC) to the more familiar DeContests model for Free TON.
However, we wanted to leave the WRC model for the time being (perhaps for a transitional period) only for Wiki authors and translators. This is due to the fact that the DeContests model does not yet fully assess the authors’ contribution and creates some insoluble collisions (see next note).
For example, it is not clear how to evaluate, through DeContest, two different authors who did the job of the same quality, but the volume of work for one of them is several times greater than that of the other. The problem is even more aggravated if the quality of the work is different, and there are dozens of authors, and they have written (translated) hundreds of articles of different sizes into several different languages. The correct assessment of the contribution with such a complex combination of factors can now only be decided through the model of WRC contests.
However, all other contests in Wiki SG, including workflow, editing, user support, etc. will continue to be held as DeContests.
Wiki SG will pay more attention to interaction with the community, changing workflows, inviting new active members to participate in the work of the Wiki.
- More attention to the community’s opinion, including polls to improve the work of the Wiki, analysis and implementation of the best ideas and suggestions;
- Regular work with the community through the invitation of an SMM manager for wide coverage of the Wiki’s work within the Free TON ecosystem and outside;
- Hold a contest to select new judges;
- Increase the team of editors to improve the quality of materials;
- Invite as many active community members as possible to solve actual problems in the Wiki;
- Increase the number of articles in English;
- Update articles about the Free TON ecosystem;
- Update the Free TON Whitepaper draft and publish the final version;
- Hold a contest to increase community involvement in the work of the Wiki.
Also Wiki SG is planning some interesting innovations. Announcements and related documents will be presented to the community in the future.
Resume: The Wiki SG will continue to evolve to better meet the expectations of the Free TON community.
The Wiki Subgovernance tokens is now fully spent.
Wiki Subgovernance requests tokens for the next 3 months for ongoing work and growth.
|No||Description||Amount, Tons||Qty of contests||Total, Tons|
|1||Remaining payments for the finished #36 WRC||39 282||1||39 282|
|2||Event AIBC Malta Contest||15 000||1||15 000|
|3||Jury Selection 2.0 Contest (judging)||5 000||1||5 000|
|4.1||WRC for author and translators only||40 000||3||120 000|
|4.2||Judging for WRC||6 000||3||18 000|
|5.1||DeWorkflow Contest||50 000||1||50 000|
|5.2||Judging for DeWorkflow||5 000||1||5 000|
|6.1||DeEditing Contest||20 000||1||20 000|
|6.2||Judging for DeEditing||2 000||1||2 000|
|7.1||DeTech Contest||10 000||1||10 000|
|7.2||Judging for DeTech||1 000||1||1 000|
|Total:||285 282 Tons|
Remaining payments for the finished #36 WRC: Part of the reward for this contest was not paid to contestants due to the exhaustion of the tokens.
WRC for author and translators only: To motivate authors and translators who provide the core content of the Wiki website and add value to the Free TON Wiki to better meet the needs of the Free TON community and help a wide range of users and developers.
DeWorkflow Contest: To motivate active participants of the Wiki Subgovernance who make the work of the Subgovernance possible, including: Operational tasks and workflows; Creation of documentation, user guides, and proposals; Interaction with the team, members and jury; External contacts, partnerships and collaboration with third parties; Community reporting and publicity; Interaction with the community; Helping users; Supporting FAQ; Writing news and announcement; Holding an AMAs and other events around the Wiki.
DeEditing Contest: To motivate Wiki editors, review editors, and chief editors who make the following: Checking for machine translation and/or uniqueness and then entering the results into a “Review editing” spreadsheet; Checking the author’s draft with the work on “Content creation”; Qualified verification of technical data; Checking and quality control of Wiki articles with error correction (style, grammar, spelling, punctuation); Maintain and improve the structure of the Wiki, support for language sections.
DeTech Contest: To motivate technicians who provide technical support, Wiki website support and maintenance, including: Updating the engine and plugins; Installation of the necessary themes, plugins and software components; Hosting maintenance for the Wiki website.