[I am withdrawing this proposal and proceeding with the Validator Decentralization contest as an effort separate from the formation of the Community Voice SubGov].
Free TON - Community Voice Sub-Governance
The function of the Community Voice SubGov is the coordination of “external messages” from the Free TON community to present a coherent “community voice.” This SubGov initially started as a “PR” SubGov, but a consensus on the appropriate structure, roles, and responsibilities of this organization has not yet been reached. This purpose of this proposal is to establish an initial budget and jury to allow time-critical, near-term tasks to be completed.
- Develop and document a community consensus on the positioning of the Free TON movement, community and project
- Develop and document a community consensus on the core values and goals of the Free TON community
- Develop and document an optimized SubGov(s) organization structure for coordinating with other marketing-related SubGovs and providing effective marketing, PR, and external communications for the Free TON project and community.
- Prepare background information, statements and positions for near-term media activities
- There are ideas and stories behind every “article”, and these ideas/stories must be collected from all meetings, workgroups, sub-governances, discussion threads etc. The goal of this task is to capture and document the 6th-month-long story of the community and make it available to external media so they an effectively report on the Free TON community.
- Organize PR campaign contest for upcoming “Validator Decentralization” milestone
- Jury selection contest for Validator Decentralization PR campaign contest
Potential Future Goals
- Increase awareness of Free TON project, world-wide for:
* Entrepreneurs / Collaborators
* Cryptocurrency Enthusiasts
* End Users / Adopters
- Development of media content for all channels (global and country-specific)
- Developing and collaborating with a network of PR agencies
- Develop network of external media collaborators (bloggers, publications, influencers)
- Organize PR contests, events and activities
Justification for initial Budget request:
Validator Decentralization milestone PR campaign contest. The reward structure (summarized below) is detailed in the contest specification, which can be found here: Public Relations (PR) Campaign for Mainnet Decentralization
1 place ------------ 10,000 TONs
2 place ------------ 9,800 TONs
3 place ------------ 9,600 TONs
5 place ------------ 9,400 TONs
50 place ------------200 TONs
Total contest rewards = 255 000 TON
5% for jury rewards (they will be reading and judging 50+ articles) = 12 750 TON
Budget for miscellaneous "Bounties"
Contests are Free TON’s primary method of rewarding contributions. However, there are sometimes small tasks that are not appropriate (not efficient) for a full, formal contest. A good example is translation of a document. For these small tasks, I propose the use of bounties, which are essentially contests, but without the formalities such as juries and voting.
"Media contact Bounty:
We need to compile a list of media contacts (media writers, bloggers etc.) to send invites to compete in the Validator Decentralization milestone contest. Anybody who has media contacts (writers, bloggers etc.), please add them to this spreadsheet: https://onlyo.co/36qTevC. This list will be used to send and track the invitations for the VD PR contest. Ideally each person will personally invite the media contacts that they have relationships with, so you don’t have to include their contact details, if you prefer not to. They must make a submission to the contest for you to collect the bounty:
Reward per contact: 100-500 TONs, depending on audience size (size must be verified):
less than 1k audience - 100 TON
1k to 5k audience - 200 TON
5k to 20k audience - 300 TON
20k to 100k audience - 400 TON
100k+ audience - 500 TON"
Budget for miscellaneous Bounties (including the example above): 50 000 TON.
Total initial request = 317 750 TON
Initial jury: Sharif Sakr @SharifSakr, Itakura itakura1, Fat Tony @totkaplan, Fedor Skuratov @teodorix Michael Kabanov @michael_kabanov, Nikita @Riemann, Jo @powderedtoastwmn, PvP @prigolovko, Ron Millow @Ronmillow, Ivan Kotelnikov @isheldon, Alexander Filatov @Alexander_Filatov, Roman_D (@)Roman_D
Community Voice Wallet address: 0x:xxxx
Disclaimer: Anyone can participate, but Free TON does not distribute TONs to US citizens or entities.
Addendum: I recommend that this SubGov experiments with the ideas offered by @Teodorix here: Community SG Proposal His suggestions address many issues with our current SubGov systems and will help to recruit more professional talent to our community.
Note: If you are a marketing/PR/media professional and reading this now, please see the link to the Telegram channel above and join us.